This is my personal thoughts, opinions and musings place. I will also rant about things, especially politically-correct things that irritate me. And sci-fi. Did I mention sci-fi? There'll be lots of sci-fi stuff here. And movies, too. Mmmmm... Movies

Monday, January 16, 2006

The need for editing

I don't entirely know how I came across it, but I was reading the FreeDictionary article about Ivan the Terrible, which itself is a copy from Wikipedia. One part of the article that hammered home the need for better editing talked about how Ivan the Terrible was so impressed with a cathedral that he blinded the architects to make sure they didn't build anything better. Then the article goes on to say, "Other less positive aspects of this period..." That just struck me as hilarious. I know they're talking about all the good things Ivan may have done, but you just can't help but connect it with the blinding of architects bit.

Edit people, please edit.

Do you want to know more?
/ /

2 Comments:

At Thu Jan 19, 09:51:00 PM AST, Blogger Miranda said...

Makes me think of these schools who don't fail children anymore if they can't do the work because 'failure' is somehow harmful to the psyche of young children. We just can't have that.

 
At Fri Jan 20, 05:10:00 PM AST, Blogger Raging Wombat said...

I cannot stand poor editing or poor grammar. I can see how it might slip by occassionally, if the writer is also the editor, but it is far to common even in printed novels.

People, come on! Stop being so sloppy and have some pride.

I like that you were reading on Ivan the Terrible, though. Good job!

 

Post a Comment

|

Links to this post:

Create a Link

 

Copyright © 2005 Yury D.   All Rights Reserved