This is my personal thoughts, opinions and musings place. I will also rant about things, especially politically-correct things that irritate me. And sci-fi. Did I mention sci-fi? There'll be lots of sci-fi stuff here. And movies, too. Mmmmm... Movies

Monday, January 02, 2006

Human sexuality explained, or how to beat your meat!

There's a commercial running on the radio here in town, I heard it today for the very first time. It's for a butcher, and the whole gist of it is that you don't need to cook from scratch, you can just buy their semi-prepared meat. The radio ad ends with the tag line, “You can't beat our meat”, which struck me as being so hilarious I almost crashed the car when I first heard it.

Now, my guess is that this ad was created by French-speakers for a (mostly) French-speaking company, because I cannot conceive of any other reason that that expression actually became a slogan for the ad compaign. Did they ask no English-speakers? I could, of course, be mistaken about the whole thing, but I'm pretty positive I heard them say what I thought they said.

Do you want to know more?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

|

Links to this post:

Create a Link

 

Copyright © 2005 Yury D.   All Rights Reserved