This is my personal thoughts, opinions and musings place. I will also rant about things, especially politically-correct things that irritate me. And sci-fi. Did I mention sci-fi? There'll be lots of sci-fi stuff here. And movies, too. Mmmmm... Movies

Sunday, December 04, 2005

Warnings are getting out of hand

The other day I got the Mr. & Mrs. Smith DVD and watched it. It's a pretty good movie, all things considered. But what really pissed me off were the anti-piracy warnings at the front of it, followed by trailers for upcoming DVD releases. There must've been a good two minutes, if not more, of this crap, and you can't skip past it, either of it! So, in a couple of years, when I want to sit down to watch the movie again, I'll be forced to watch trailers for movies I may already have, or have already decided not to get.

The entertainment industry claims it wants to eliminate piracy. But their actions are so ass-backwards that there's no doubt in my mind that they force at least some of us who actually buy our movies to reconsider it, if for no other reason that to not be forced to watch propaganda that doesn't apply to us.

Basically, what it all boils down to is that I'm being punished for something I don't do. Thanks a lot.

Do you want to know more?

2 Comments:

At Tue Dec 06, 07:13:00 PM AST, Anonymous Realmspace said...

I hate buying or renting DVD's and getting 20 miniutes of ads for other movies and even the new trend for video games.

 
At Thu Dec 08, 09:46:00 PM AST, Blogger Miranda said...

Use that time to get snacks. Just like at the movie theater :)

I have that dvd and while I couldn't go straight to the menu, it did let me fast forward through the piracy warning and trailers.

 

Post a Comment

|

Links to this post:

Create a Link

 

Copyright © 2005 Yury D.   All Rights Reserved