This is my personal thoughts, opinions and musings place. I will also rant about things, especially politically-correct things that irritate me. And sci-fi. Did I mention sci-fi? There'll be lots of sci-fi stuff here. And movies, too. Mmmmm... Movies

Monday, December 12, 2005

Something new on TV

I found something new and exciting on TV the other day. Well, actually about a week ago, or so, but I've been sick, so gimme a break! It's called The Fight Network(TFN) and the programming on it is, how shall I put it? Hillarious! Not always, of course. Boxing matches and regular wrestling are one thing, but it also features women's pro-wrestling, non-WWE pro-wrestling, pro-wrestling from Japan(now that's funny!) and also plenty of kung-fu movies, the silly kind where people fly through the air and vanish in the blink of an eye.

Frankly, I was under the impression that WWE basically obliterated all other pro-wrestling circuits, but I guess I was wrong. They're out there, they draw huge crowds and they have a raw, unpolished feeling that seems to ruin so much of the WWE productions for me. However, they still have silly plots and rivalries, odd costumes and names, and most importantly, blows that barely seem to connect but do a surprising amount of damage that can be shrugged off at a moment's notice. In other words, it's professional wrestling.

But most importantly, the channel features a violence warning ahead of every single one of its programs that is absolutely hillarious! I hope this channel is part of my regular cable lineup and isn't just in preview mode. I'd hate to have to pay extra for “So You Wanna Fight”. Oooo, I think I feel a post coming about that.

Do you want to know more?
/ / /

1 Comments:

At Mon Dec 12, 04:36:00 PM AST, Blogger SOH said...

Is this some sort of free preview on BEV? Do I really even want to look for it? I'm sure similar events were taking place in my home yesterday when I was out. I'll never find out because, of course, "what happens at Fight Club, stays at Fight Club".

 

Post a Comment

|

Links to this post:

Create a Link

 

Copyright © 2005 Yury D.   All Rights Reserved