This is my personal thoughts, opinions and musings place. I will also rant about things, especially politically-correct things that irritate me. And sci-fi. Did I mention sci-fi? There'll be lots of sci-fi stuff here. And movies, too. Mmmmm... Movies

Sunday, December 11, 2005

Now that was one freaky movie!

And I don't mean that in a good way. A Return to Salem's Lot. I knew nothing about it when I watched it on Space the other day. For a while, I toyed with the idea that this was a career crash for Michael Moriarty of Law and Order, but that was before I realized that the movie came first(1987 vs 1990).

There was one funny line. “I've seen vampire bats before, so I'm used to that. What I'm not used to is them wanting a conversation later.” Or something to that effect. Basically, it's a vampire flick, where the vampires want... well, I didn't quite understand what they wanted, but I think it was their biography written, so that in a few hundred years, humans would see how good they are(they drink cow blood, and taken huma only on certain occasions, which for some reason tended to be every couple of days.

They even featured a very young Tara Reid in the movie, playing a ten-year-old vampire ho, in what appears to be her very first movie. The woman who did the nude(somewhat) scenes, Katja Crosby, didn't benefit from the... ahem... exposure. She did one more movie with Michael Moriarty, It's Alive: Island of the Alive, and that was it; I haven't seen that movie, so I can't really comment on it.

Speaking of ten-year-old vampire hos, they even had a wedding between two vampires that looked like they were ten years old. Apparently, once you're a vampire, you don't change visibly, but you're still mature individual, so I guess for them it was OK, once you get over the Yewwww!!! factor.

The highlight of the movie, I thought, was the old man who blew into town looking a guy, so he said, and passing around his picture. He got really pissy when someone suggested to him he might be a Nazi hunter. “I'm not a Nazi hunter. I'm a Nazi killer.” He brought a much-needed element into the movie: somebody to care about.

All in all, I give thing 3.5 out of 10.

Do you want to know more?
/ / / / /

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

|

Links to this post:

Create a Link

 

Copyright © 2005 Yury D.   All Rights Reserved