This is my personal thoughts, opinions and musings place. I will also rant about things, especially politically-correct things that irritate me. And sci-fi. Did I mention sci-fi? There'll be lots of sci-fi stuff here. And movies, too. Mmmmm... Movies

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

It's all in the audience, baby!

Being a (insert-type-here) whore isn't all it's cracked up to be(heh!) these days. There are so many of us, and so many different types.

For instance, I'm a comment whore. Before I returned to permanent employment(oxymoron, perhaps?), I was a contractor, therefore a corporate whore; I sold my body to their highest corporate bidder, or at least one that currently had a use for me.

So when a call girl publishes a book about her exploits after having quit the business, does she stop being a standard whore and become an attention whore instead? And if she signs a movie deal, what then? That'd be the end of her career, I think. Once you're an attention whore, there's no going higher, maybe just bigger.

And more importantly, if she's in a country where prostitution is legal and apparently accepted, is it appropriate to congratulate her on her quitting the business? There is, apparently, nothing underhanded or illegal in what she used to do, so is there anything wrong with it? And if there is, so what? Homosexuality used to be the bane of all existence, but now gays can get married with no intention of being faithful with the full support of the state and society and even some churches.

Are all cultures and their values not inherently alike as has been said by the P.C. crowd many times? By thinking, “I'm glad she stopped being a call girl”, are you not de-facto condemning her entire culture?

Somebody, please explain this to me! Thank you so much!

Do you want to know more?
/ / / / / / /

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

|

Links to this post:

Create a Link

 

Copyright © 2005 Yury D.   All Rights Reserved