This is my personal thoughts, opinions and musings place. I will also rant about things, especially politically-correct things that irritate me. And sci-fi. Did I mention sci-fi? There'll be lots of sci-fi stuff here. And movies, too. Mmmmm... Movies

Thursday, December 15, 2005

I take it all back!

Everything I've ever said or thought about European movies, I take it all back. All of it. Of course, that means that I'll complain and bitch and whinge even more later, but for now, it's all off the table. Thanks to the Danish movie, The Green Butchers, my Euro-Movie-Appreciation meter is now almost half-full, as opposed to being almost completely empty previously. It's about a couple of butchers who make a... killing(heh!)... selling the other other white meat.

There's a guy who kicks people to display his displeasure; there's a neurotic guy who says 'sausage' too much; there's a brain-dead twin brother who wakes up the moment his life support is turned off; there's “chickie-wickies”, a meat dish so tasty no one could resist it; there's mystery(at least for the competitors) regarding the source of the “chickie-wickies”; and finally, there's a marinade that is possibly the best-tasting ever. In other words, it's a cooking show like you've never seen it before!

If you're offended by perverse subjects that are turned into comedies, don't watch this movie. If you have a macabre sense of humour, you might even like it.

Do you want to know more?
/

5 Comments:

At Thu Dec 15, 09:54:00 PM AST, Blogger SOH said...

I saw this listed on the guide for TMN but passed. This sounds right up my sick little alley. I will have to watch it now.

 
At Fri Dec 16, 01:39:00 AM AST, Blogger The Talking Mute said...

Re: Animal of the Day - the Philippine Tarsier. I can't help but notice your Animal of the Day. Anything Filipino is near and dear to my heart in spite of the current political and economic situation in the Phils. The Tarsier, because of its uniqueness has somehow brought back a little bit of pride in me being a Filipino. News about how the Philippine president cheated in the elections from time to time dampens such pride.

 
At Sun Dec 18, 12:15:00 AM AST, Blogger SOH said...

Man you get some weird comments! Recorded The Green Butcher today and will watch tomorrow when I don't have any food near me :-)

 
At Thu Dec 22, 12:36:00 AM AST, Blogger The Talking Mute said...

Not as weird as the Green Butcher!

 
At Thu Dec 22, 01:42:00 PM AST, Anonymous jafer said...

I don't like European movies either, but you've made this one sound interesting, or at least amusing.

Maybe it's available at my video store for me.

 

Post a Comment

|

Links to this post:

Create a Link

 

Copyright © 2005 Yury D.   All Rights Reserved