This is my personal thoughts, opinions and musings place. I will also rant about things, especially politically-correct things that irritate me. And sci-fi. Did I mention sci-fi? There'll be lots of sci-fi stuff here. And movies, too. Mmmmm... Movies

Friday, December 02, 2005

Brain-dead in France

I know that sounds flippant, but it's not. There's a serious news story about woman getting a partial face transplant. I'm not entirely sure what that actually means, but it sounds serious. One thing that caught my attention was that the donor for the procedure was another patient who was brain-dead. Now that struck me as kind of weird because with all the controversy in the US about life-support and withdrawing thereof, all they really wanted to do was turn it off, not take your face... off.

Somehow, the idea that the movie Face Off could ever be more than fourth-rate entertainment is more than a little appalling. But more than that, it's one thing to be an artifically kept-alive vegetable(we can thank religion, which values existence far more than life, for that), it's something else entirely when they're taking visible body organs from you.

Do you want to know more?
/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

|

Links to this post:

Create a Link

 

Copyright © 2005 Yury D.   All Rights Reserved