This is my personal thoughts, opinions and musings place. I will also rant about things, especially politically-correct things that irritate me. And sci-fi. Did I mention sci-fi? There'll be lots of sci-fi stuff here. And movies, too. Mmmmm... Movies

Friday, November 25, 2005

The scourge of payments

After dinner last night, I went to pay the bill, and as usual, wanted to line up by the center post where all the debit card machines are. There was a bit of a lineup there, so my waitress took me over to the bartender area to pay, and lo and behold, what did I see? A shiny new wireless debit card machine. She got really pissy with me, too, when I told her I didn't want to use it, I'd wait for the regular wired ones to free up.

Now why, in the name of all that's holy, would I want to have my debit card and pin info broadcast wirelessly? The system is probably short-range and encrypted, to boot, but still. Why?

Do you want to know more?
/

1 Comments:

At Fri Nov 25, 11:18:00 AM AST, Blogger SOH said...

I feel your pain. I wouldn't use it either. There are just too many tech savvy rip-off artists out there waiting to relieve you of your hard earned cash.

 

Post a Comment

|

Links to this post:

Create a Link

 

Copyright © 2005 Yury D.   All Rights Reserved