This is my personal thoughts, opinions and musings place. I will also rant about things, especially politically-correct things that irritate me. And sci-fi. Did I mention sci-fi? There'll be lots of sci-fi stuff here. And movies, too. Mmmmm... Movies

Monday, November 28, 2005

The attack of the killer fly

A few nights I did something so stupendous I was forced to re-evaluate myself in my own eyes. I went to bed at my usual random hour of the night and lay there reading when I heard a buzzing. This puzzled me at first because my ears hadn't buzzed all day(a surprising occurence). Then I finally saw: a big, HUGE!, fat fly, doing the vampire walk on my ceiling. The thing was absolutely insane. It would on my ceiling, then launch itself off and perform a number of insane and very painful-looking maneuvers that involved much bouncing off of walls and window blinds and me. Needless to say, I decided to do something about that.

So, with a trusty dish cloth in hand, I waited until it settled again on my ceiling and knocked it off. The fly vanished(I still have no idea where it went), but in the process I lost my footing and knocked down a nightstand lamp I've had for almost 8 years. The lamp, the lampshade and the bulb all became collateral damage and shade debris flew everywhere. It's amazing how much crap flies off(Heh!) a dried out lampshade when it breaks.

All, however, was not lost. During this altercation, I proved a Holywood -ism to be true. In the movies, when a lamp falls, the bulb inside invariably dies. There is a flash and the bulb goes dead. That's exactly what happened when my lamp fell. With all the other Holywood -isms like modern cars screeching when coming to a halt despite widespread use of ABS, cars exploding the moment they leave the ground and hot alien chicks always falling right in the arm of some loser, I was never really sure about that one. Now is my life complete: I have proven something to be true.

Do you want to know more?

1 Comments:

At Sun Dec 04, 10:25:00 AM AST, Anonymous CB said...

I could have saved you the trouble and told you myself that it was true. If i had known it was something you actually thought about.

Then again i wouldn't have this wonderful visual of you in my head.

Thanks! :-)

 

Post a Comment

|

Links to this post:

Create a Link

 

Copyright © 2005 Yury D.   All Rights Reserved