This is my personal thoughts, opinions and musings place. I will also rant about things, especially politically-correct things that irritate me. And sci-fi. Did I mention sci-fi? There'll be lots of sci-fi stuff here. And movies, too. Mmmmm... Movies

Thursday, July 14, 2005

A sad day in my life

Today is a sad day for The Mad Perseid. You see, today, I discovered that I, The Mad Perseid, he who can never die so long as one station among thousands shows the reruns, am old. Yes, it came as quite a shocker to me, needless to say. How did this horrible day come to pass, you ask? Well, let me tell you. I heard somewhere on the radio today that they were going to be playing oldies from 60s, 70s and 80s. And that was the moment that defined me as being old. You know you're old when the music you grew up with is being called 'oldies'. I'm not even 40, damit!

What's next? Knight Rider reruns for us old geezers? Remember this, you 20 year somethings. In ten years, Space: Above and Beyond will mark you as old. I mean, good God, oldies from the 80s?

Additional Tags: / / /

5 Comments:

At Thu Jul 14, 08:56:00 AM ADT, Blogger SOH said...

You can borrow my cane if you like grandpa ;-)

 
At Thu Jul 14, 09:20:00 AM ADT, Blogger The Mad Perseid said...

Grumble, grumble, grumble. Mutter, mutter, mutter.

 
At Thu Jul 14, 10:03:00 AM ADT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You could always get one of those motorised wheel chairs.

 
At Thu Jul 14, 11:14:00 AM ADT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your only as old as you think you are, but there are alwys exceptions to the rule, and if I know anything about the Perseid, which I do, he is exceptional!!

 
At Fri Jul 15, 01:54:00 AM ADT, Blogger Zipcard2 said...

I just turned 40 july 1st, I still feel no different myself, I look younger and most days I feel younger too, but I hear "oldies" all the time. It's especially tough when you are dating someone who is 31! LOL. Oh well, you'll get over it. My motto: "It's not like you didn't know it could happen and anyway, like you have a choice" God Bless!

 

Post a Comment

|

Links to this post:

Create a Link

 

Copyright © 2005 Yury D.   All Rights Reserved