This is my personal thoughts, opinions and musings place. I will also rant about things, especially politically-correct things that irritate me. And sci-fi. Did I mention sci-fi? There'll be lots of sci-fi stuff here. And movies, too. Mmmmm... Movies

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Of laundry, and the emancipation of the masses

Laundry day! Oh I how I hate thee! Oh how my hate knows no bounds!

Why do we do it? Or put more precisely, why do we allow them to do it to us? What evil lurks in the hearts of laundry room designers? What hatred of mankind drives these vile creatures to do the bidding of their evil master, whomever that may be? Why, in the name of all that's unholy, is there always the same number of clothes dryers as clothes washers, when the dryer cycles are more than twice as long as the washer cycles? Why, in the name of He Who Shall Not Be Named, do dryers break down more often than washers, leaving even fewer working dryers behind?

When will the travelling proletariat rise up and overthrow the oppression of the oppressive laundry rooms? When will vacationers unite against the tyranny of the loonie and toonie thieves? When? I ask you! When?

Do you want to know more?
/ / /

4 Comments:

At Wed Jul 27, 09:53:00 AM ADT, Blogger Storm Trooper said...

Imagine if your concerns were not "wasting electricity/energy that could be better spent elsewhere" and perhaps feeding yourself today. Or if the local warlord was going to let you live today. Or if your child wasn't going to freeze to death. Think about the things that really matter...

 
At Wed Jul 27, 11:11:00 AM ADT, Blogger The Mad Perseid said...

Imagine if we all still huddled in caves, sleeping in crowds to keep the cold outside from freezing us. Or we were still learning how to make fire. Or we were still afraid of the sabretooth tigers. Or if a stray comet in the night sky terrified us and made us worship it.

Imagine, if you can, taking a bombastic post with a grain of salt. Imagine, if you will, getting a sense of humour.

 
At Thu Jul 28, 01:02:00 AM ADT, Blogger The Talking Mute said...

I thought about the endless task of doing laundry the other day too. As a woman, I use 10 times more clothes than an average gal. And everytime I do the laundry I always think that it's a waste of time, electricity and water. But I do it anyways and the number of clothes I wearper week seems to multiply exponentially especially this summer. Why can't dirt and perspiration just disappear just by drying it out in the sun or by shaking the dirt off?

 
At Fri Jul 29, 01:10:00 AM ADT, Blogger SOH said...

Laundry..the first thing I do every morning and the last thing I do every night. Three loads minimum each and every sad day of my life.

 

Post a Comment

|

Links to this post:

Create a Link

 

Copyright © 2005 Yury D.   All Rights Reserved