This is my personal thoughts, opinions and musings place. I will also rant about things, especially politically-correct things that irritate me. And sci-fi. Did I mention sci-fi? There'll be lots of sci-fi stuff here. And movies, too. Mmmmm... Movies

Sunday, July 17, 2005

Of Dr. Evil and the World Court

I'm watching the Austin Powers marathon on TBS, and there's a scene in Goldmember where Austin Powers goes to the maximum security prison to visit to see Dr. Evil about whoever painted some sailors' privates gold. When comes close to the camera, you can see that his prisoner serial number is 00001. I wonder if this is a hit on the World Court, sort of like saying, “Look, your very first convict is a fictional character.” I only just saw that today, and I've seen the movie several times, not to mention on the big screen when it first came out. Yes, I know that Dr. Evil is Number One, and his second in command is Number Two, but I wonder if there is more meaning in it.

I could be, of course, off on a completely tangential tangent. I often am, and am therefore quite used to the phenomen.

Quotes

fazzar: “There're only two things that I hate in this world. People who are intollerant of other people's culture, and the Dutch.”

: “Dr. Evil, can I paint his yoohoo gold? It's kinda my thing.”
Dr. Evil: Drives the powered chair close up to Goldmember “How about No!, you crazy Dutch bastard!”

Powers: “Mr. Roboto is lying.”
: “Tell me something I don't know.”
Powers: “I open-mouth kissed a horse once.”
Foxxy: “What?”
Powers: “That's something you don't know.”

Goldmember: “Nobody try anything shtoopid, or the shoosting will begin.”

Goldmember: “Yeh, the shoosting begins.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

|

Links to this post:

Create a Link

 

Copyright © 2005 Yury D.   All Rights Reserved