This is my personal thoughts, opinions and musings place. I will also rant about things, especially politically-correct things that irritate me. And sci-fi. Did I mention sci-fi? There'll be lots of sci-fi stuff here. And movies, too. Mmmmm... Movies

Monday, July 18, 2005

A blood-pact of epic proportions

I have recently signed a blood-pact with myself. In the event that I ever get a dog or a cat, I resolve the following:
  1. Cat
    1. He shall be named ''
    2. She shall be named ''
  2. Dog
    1. He or she shall be named ''
    2. He or she shall be taught to ''
A pet must follow his or her nature. Like Sorkar and Hathor, cats are Gods in their own minds. Hell, their eyes even glow, in the dark, at least. Dogs, on the other hand, will do anything for their owners(Gods, if you will), and one calls them to attention by yelling certain words.

I furthermore resolve that I will not call either a dog or a cat 'Steve'!

So let it be written, so let it be done.

Technorati Tags: /

7 Comments:

At Tue Jul 19, 09:27:00 AM ADT, Blogger thordora said...

and I thought I had problems for always naming rats after characters in Steven Brust books.... :P

 
At Tue Jul 19, 09:31:00 AM ADT, Blogger The Mad Perseid said...

Now a rat I might call 'Steve'. :)

 
At Tue Jul 19, 10:42:00 AM ADT, Anonymous Realmspace said...

Start with a goldfish, if u can keep it alive for 6 months move up to a turtle/tortoise, if that survives a year you may be able to handle a bigger beastie. A cat or dog right off the bat, don't think would survive.

 
At Tue Jul 19, 10:43:00 AM ADT, Blogger The Mad Perseid said...

It's not as though I've never had pets.

 
At Tue Jul 19, 11:38:00 AM ADT, Anonymous Realmspace said...

You've had pets, when? The olde country does not really count.

 
At Tue Jul 19, 01:19:00 PM ADT, Blogger The Mad Perseid said...

Why not?

 
At Tue Jul 19, 04:26:00 PM ADT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You were not really responsible for them your parents were.

 

Post a Comment

|

Links to this post:

Create a Link

 

Copyright © 2005 Yury D.   All Rights Reserved