This is my personal thoughts, opinions and musings place. I will also rant about things, especially politically-correct things that irritate me. And sci-fi. Did I mention sci-fi? There'll be lots of sci-fi stuff here. And movies, too. Mmmmm... Movies

Thursday, June 09, 2005

Who makes that kind of decision?

There's a commercial running on Canadian TV right now for Tim Horton's advertising, apart from the obvious, a camp for kids. The dialog goes something like this: “Every coffee purchase helps support a camp for deserving kids.” Now, I couldn't quite help thinking, what exactly is a 'deserving' kid? And more importantly, who makes those kinds of decisions?

According to their website, the kids they're talking about are the ones who can't afford camp, and while I have nothing against that in principle, I wish the commercials would actually be honest and just say what they mean.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

|

Links to this post:

Create a Link

 

Copyright © 2005 Yury D.   All Rights Reserved