This is my personal thoughts, opinions and musings place. I will also rant about things, especially politically-correct things that irritate me. And sci-fi. Did I mention sci-fi? There'll be lots of sci-fi stuff here. And movies, too. Mmmmm... Movies

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

What the wind is blowing

I heard a comedian on TV relate a story about a guy in the Florida Keys who, just before one of the hurricanes, tied himself to a post and refused to evacuate, working on the theory that he was in good enough physical shape to withstand the hurricane winds. The comedian continued: “Let me explain something. It isn't that the wind is blowing, it's what the wind is blowing. If you get hit with a Volvo, it doesn't matter how many pushups you did that morning.” And I don't even remember the guy's name. Too bad, he's very good.

4 Comments:

At Tue Jun 21, 09:18:00 PM ADT, Blogger carrie said...

lol

 
At Tue Jun 21, 11:58:00 PM ADT, Anonymous christie said...

lol that's funny

 
At Wed Jun 22, 05:32:00 PM ADT, Anonymous Realmspace said...

It would be sad if it were not true

 
At Tue Feb 10, 03:45:00 PM AST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ron White -- Blue Collar Comedy Tour

 

Post a Comment

|

Links to this post:

Create a Link

 

Copyright © 2005 Yury D.   All Rights Reserved