This is my personal thoughts, opinions and musings place. I will also rant about things, especially politically-correct things that irritate me. And sci-fi. Did I mention sci-fi? There'll be lots of sci-fi stuff here. And movies, too. Mmmmm... Movies

Monday, June 20, 2005

What is The Mad Perseid

Since I started blogging, I've received any number of inquiries as to what, exactly, is a Mad Perseid, what does it have to do with meteor showers and why are they mad.

Well, first of all, the correct form of address is The Mad Perseid. Anybody caught mis-speaking said title will be summarily punished by being forced to recite, from memory, all 286 . Not being a fan will not be allowed as an excuse.

The name itself has absolutely nothing to do with meteor showers. In fact, it comes from the show called that, until its cancellation this season, was one of my favourite current sci-fi shows on TV. It was the name of a character that you never actually see, there are merely references to him. The title used was The Mad Perseid Hasturi. was his name, he was mad(as in insane) and he belonged to a race called the Perseids. We were allowed a glimpse of him only once, and he'd been dead for a long time by that point.

So that, my friends, is where I got the name. I was intrigued with the concept, and so here we are.

And yes, I fully accept that this post defines me as an uber-geek.

1 Comments:

At Fri Jun 24, 08:32:00 AM ADT, Blogger SOH said...

Only now am I begining to understand the true depth of your love for that A show. It's going to be a long, lonely winter for you without it.

As for the Ferengi Rules of Acquisition...do you have the book? It's sitting on my 14-year-olds desk right now. He's perusing for the 450th time.

 

Post a Comment

|

Links to this post:

Create a Link

 

Copyright © 2005 Yury D.   All Rights Reserved