This is my personal thoughts, opinions and musings place. I will also rant about things, especially politically-correct things that irritate me. And sci-fi. Did I mention sci-fi? There'll be lots of sci-fi stuff here. And movies, too. Mmmmm... Movies

Friday, June 03, 2005

Software that promotes itself

Why do programmers insist on system-blocking 'About' boxes when the software is starting up, and then, after it has loaded, keeping the box on the screen for several seconds. Why can't they use application-blocking boxes that won't screw up your whole system? MS Visio is known for that, and I've used other software packages that do the same thing. Paint Shop Pro, for example, keeps its logo on the screen while it's loading, but removes it immediately thereafter. It's still annoying, but not as much as Visio. Why? Why?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

|

Links to this post:

Create a Link

 

Copyright © 2005 Yury D.   All Rights Reserved