This is my personal thoughts, opinions and musings place. I will also rant about things, especially politically-correct things that irritate me. And sci-fi. Did I mention sci-fi? There'll be lots of sci-fi stuff here. And movies, too. Mmmmm... Movies

Monday, June 06, 2005

Of hanging guts, and other such mechanical chicanery

I don't know why, maybe it appeals to my inner geek, but the sight of a disembowled elevator shaft with all it's stuff hanging out makes me shiver with excitement. All that machinery, lifting me up each day to achieve my very best and then gently lowering me back down again to rest and absorb what I have accomplished. The knowledge that said machinery is being actively(and most importantly, pro-actively) maintained to ensure the smoothest ride and a most pleasurable start to a new day fills me with a tingle from my toes to my head. Knowledge that the elevator scenes from Resident Evil and The Shaft will be avoided brings a smile to my face every morning.

Ooooo, I'm quivering in my seat. Can you feel it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

|

Links to this post:

Create a Link

 

Copyright © 2005 Yury D.   All Rights Reserved