This is my personal thoughts, opinions and musings place. I will also rant about things, especially politically-correct things that irritate me. And sci-fi. Did I mention sci-fi? There'll be lots of sci-fi stuff here. And movies, too. Mmmmm... Movies

Sunday, June 26, 2005

How the world has changed

I watched the movie today and it occured to me how different things were back there. A runs his car off the road and the only reaction from the tow truck driver was “Well, I'll just tow you back to town”. Didn't take his keys; didn't call the cops; didn't report him to insurance; didn't put him in a database. Oh wait, that's right; that's 1959, they didn't have databases. In the defense of the drunk driver, however, the reason he drove his car off the road was to avoid the giant gila monster; nobody believed him, of course: he was drunk. But when people and cattle started disappearing, well, that was a different matter.

The sherrif lets a couple of kids look for some missing people, but doesn't tell them that if they find anything, they should report it to him first. So, they find a busted up car, and tow it back to town themselves, completely trampling whatever evidence they may have been. The cops gets chewed out for it, but not too much, it seemed.

A fun little movie, but we didn't get to see any of the train passengers get eaten by the gila monster after the train wreck. Awww...

1 Comments:

At Mon Jun 27, 12:21:00 AM ADT, Blogger SOH said...

..and yet I look at the attitude toward drinking here in cottage country and believe me, it would knock your socks off. People drink and drink and drink. I don't know how some of them get up in the morning. People think nothing of drinking several beers, etc and hopping in their boat or onto their jet ski to race around the lake.

Oh I could go on and on but I think I'll write a blog rant about it tomorrow. Maybe it will start with the story of our wonderful new cottage neighbour. Two men at one cottage for two days equals 4 cases of consumed beer. Shocking.

 

Post a Comment

|

Links to this post:

Create a Link

 

Copyright © 2005 Yury D.   All Rights Reserved