This is my personal thoughts, opinions and musings place. I will also rant about things, especially politically-correct things that irritate me. And sci-fi. Did I mention sci-fi? There'll be lots of sci-fi stuff here. And movies, too. Mmmmm... Movies

Sunday, May 29, 2005

Who's your favourite System Lord?

This is a Stargate: SG1 question. Who is your favourite System Lord? And why?

My favourite System Lord is Baal. There's something supremely evil about him, in a “Yeah, I know I'm evil, but I eschew ostentation” kind of way. He doesn't get a lot of screen time, but from what I've seen, he doesn't seem to go overboard with clothing, either, prefering a muted tunic and pants combo. I think he endeared himself to me the first time I saw him; it was the episode where he captured O'Neill, and their banter was forever engraved on my memory.

Baal: “You will suffer pain for your impudence.”
O'Neill: “I don't know the meaning of the word. Seriously, 'impudence', what does it mean?”
Baal: Just smirks, doesn't say anything, but throws a knife at O'Neill.


He also fails to perform theatrics like his master, Anubis. He doesn't beam a hologram through the stargate and then procede to gloat over the horrors he's about to inflict upon you. Played convincingly by Cliff Simon, he's one bad guy you love to hate.

Now, here's a follow-up question. Which System Lord would you want to screw into insensibility? For me, it's got to be Nirrti. There's just something about big-breasted women with the Goa'uld voice and blazing eyes. Yes, I'm a pervert, so what?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

|

Links to this post:

Create a Link

 

Copyright © 2005 Yury D.   All Rights Reserved