This is my personal thoughts, opinions and musings place. I will also rant about things, especially politically-correct things that irritate me. And sci-fi. Did I mention sci-fi? There'll be lots of sci-fi stuff here. And movies, too. Mmmmm... Movies

Sunday, May 22, 2005

Series finale, Andromeda

Well, goodbye, Andromeda, we hardly knew ye. It certainly has been a fun ride, though the final episode left much to be desired. Don't get me wrong, it certainly was one hell of a lot better than the series finale for Enterprise, but it left more questions open than it answered.

  1. Why was Maura destroyed by going back to Seefra/Tarn Vedra, but not the other way?
  2. What happened to the Commonwealth at the end there?
  3. What happened to the Nietzcheans?
  4. What happened to all the agents of the Abyss?
  5. What happened to the council of solar avatars?
  6. In truth, what the hell happened?
This is just like the ending of Voyager, wham bam thank you ma'am. Is it too much to ask for one final follow-up episode, just to clear up all the tail-end confusion? It's one thing to end a show like Star Trek: TNG that way, it wasn't soapy at all. But Andromeda, which had just one basic theme running throughout the whole show needs a follow-up. Just one, at most two episodes.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the episode, but it left a taste of incompleteness in my mouth, if you get my meaning.

Oh, well. On to other new sci-fi shows. Oh, wait. That's right: there aren't any. Damn!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

|

Links to this post:

Create a Link

 

Copyright © 2005 Yury D.   All Rights Reserved