This is my personal thoughts, opinions and musings place. I will also rant about things, especially politically-correct things that irritate me. And sci-fi. Did I mention sci-fi? There'll be lots of sci-fi stuff here. And movies, too. Mmmmm... Movies

Sunday, May 29, 2005

"Ooooh, so cuuute"

I don't know why, but I've always found the movie “Kung Pow: Enter the Fist” to be absolutely hilarious. Yes, yes, I know people hated it, but I've never card about any of that.

In any case, the movie was made by taking an old kung fu film, ripping out the entire soundtrack, including speech and digitally adding whole new characters and voices. The result is a spoof of kung fu films that beings with a dancing baby ala Ally McBeal. It then proceeds from silly(a baby rolls down hill and stops in front of a Chinese woman, who picks up the baby, kisses it, says “Ooooh, so cuuute...” and promptly drops it down the opposite hill) to cute (gopherchucks which are nanchucks made out of a bit of cloth and two gophers) to ridiculous(cow guardian).

Almost every scene is a parady of either culture or kung fu movies. Dialog is designed to be ridiculous.

Master: “You cannot train here.”
Chosen One: “Master, I beg you, please reconsider.”
Master: “Hmmm, OK.”

Master: “You must forgive Wimp Lo, he is an idiot. We purposely trained him wrong, as a joke.”

Wimp Lo: “I'm bleeding, making me the victor.”

Many have said it's a bad film, and they're probably right. But really, so what? It's still a funny movie, and the best part is, they're making a sequel!

For more quotes from the movie, see here.

The point of all this is that yes, the movie is stupid, but then, so are most kung fu films ever made. It's a spoof, a joke, and absolutely hilarious!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

|

Links to this post:

Create a Link

 

Copyright © 2005 Yury D.   All Rights Reserved