This is my personal thoughts, opinions and musings place. I will also rant about things, especially politically-correct things that irritate me. And sci-fi. Did I mention sci-fi? There'll be lots of sci-fi stuff here. And movies, too. Mmmmm... Movies

Friday, May 13, 2005

Look at me, momma, I'm making some noise!

I've posted about this before, but it's a subject with a never-ending stream of new material. This is for you knuckle-draggers with ridiculously loud cars and motorcycles. Didn't your momma love you enough when you were little, and didn't she give you enough attention? Why inflict your hobbies on the rest of us?

If your vehicle wakes people up on the 4th floor with the windows closed, it's too loud. If you need to rev it for 15 minutes every morning, and it still stalls when you back out, it has a problem: get it fixed. A vibration emanating from your engine that can be felt while in bed on the 4th floor is a sign of something seriously wrong: get it checked out and fixed. Pulling out of a parking lot, throwing the throttle open to full power for a 20 meter dash to a side street at 3 o'clock in the morning is a sign of stupidity: women are not impressed, they think you're a moron.

If you want a loud car, fine. But on a race-track, if you please. Don't wake the whole neighbourhood merely because your momma didn't give you the attention you think you deserved.

Updated: 5:25pm
It occured to me that I wasn't as clear as I might have been as to target of this rant. I wasn't talking about those with cars and motorcycles not working properly, I'm talking about those who make their cars and motorcycles sound like this on purpose. Sorry about any confusion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

|

Links to this post:

Create a Link

 

Copyright © 2005 Yury D.   All Rights Reserved