This is my personal thoughts, opinions and musings place. I will also rant about things, especially politically-correct things that irritate me. And sci-fi. Did I mention sci-fi? There'll be lots of sci-fi stuff here. And movies, too. Mmmmm... Movies

Sunday, May 01, 2005

Got your towel with you?

Just saw The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and found it mildly entertaining. One has to remember, as one is watching it, that it's not really based on the book trilogy in five parts, but rather on the screenplay that Douglas Adams wrote between 1980 and 2001. Special effects were excellent and not over-bearing like in a lot of movies, and I thought the Vogons and Bill Nighy as Slartibartfast were the perfect touch, pretty much exactly as I'd imagined them. Zaphod Beeblebrox was just an idiot, but he always was in the books, too, and Ford Prefect was nowhere as useful as he'd been in the books. All in all, a decent movie, but not one I'd buy on DVD.

BTW, determine your geekiness level, tell me what was wrong with Marvin the Paranoid Android's crack about the Restaurant at the End of the Universe. I know what was wrong with it, do you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

|

Links to this post:

Create a Link

 

Copyright © 2005 Yury D.   All Rights Reserved