This is my personal thoughts, opinions and musings place. I will also rant about things, especially politically-correct things that irritate me. And sci-fi. Did I mention sci-fi? There'll be lots of sci-fi stuff here. And movies, too. Mmmmm... Movies

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Weird names in the Entertainment industry

I'm getting very tired of people just making up names for themselves, names that don't make sense. Take, for example, “The Rock” and “Cedric the Entertainer”. What kind of names are these outside a particular segment of the industry? If you have a name specific to your particular niche, like “The Rock”, please do us all a favour and quit using it when you break into mainstream movies. I went to see neither The Mummy Returns nor The Scorpion King because “The Rock” was in it, I went because I wanted to see the movies. Be proud of your name, Dwight Johnson.

And what's up with “Cedric the Entertainer”? What kind of a name is that for a grown man? If you're too ashamed of your real family name, at least come up with a good fake one. Don't just string words together that you think reflect who you are.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

|

Links to this post:

Create a Link

 

Copyright © 2005 Yury D.   All Rights Reserved