This is my personal thoughts, opinions and musings place. I will also rant about things, especially politically-correct things that irritate me. And sci-fi. Did I mention sci-fi? There'll be lots of sci-fi stuff here. And movies, too. Mmmmm... Movies

Friday, April 15, 2005

Those voices in my head

In the olden days, they used to say that people who heard voices in their head or from the sky were either touched by God or in league with the Devil. In either case, they'd punished. If touched by God, then because they dared to challenge the power of the established church, whatever that church happened to be. If in league with the Devil, well, then they'd burn you at the stake on general principles.

But today, things are different. These days, those of us who hear voices in our heads are receiving instructions from on high: “Cleanup on aisle 3” or “Security to Section Five” or “DVDs are twenty five percent off until nine p.m. today” or “Home Entertainment, line three.”. I feel safe knowing that no drunken mob of pitchfork and torch-carrying villagers is after me merely because I'm receiving communications from the powers that be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

|

Links to this post:

Create a Link

 

Copyright © 2005 Yury D.   All Rights Reserved