This is my personal thoughts, opinions and musings place. I will also rant about things, especially politically-correct things that irritate me. And sci-fi. Did I mention sci-fi? There'll be lots of sci-fi stuff here. And movies, too. Mmmmm... Movies

Saturday, April 02, 2005

Of choices, or why we are given such bad ones

It is ridiculous, on the face of it, to have to choose between spending $100 on ink cartridges and $115 on a new printer. Yes, yes, I know about cartrdige refills, but I don't like them and I don't trust them. However, the popularity of third-party inks and cartridges has prompted the printer industry to change their warranties, and to issue terse warnings regarding the use of these inks, warnings that I personally don't believe. The printer industry could eliminate the third-party ink industry overnight if they would lower the price of their cartridges. Of course, that might cause people to not buy new printers every half-year or so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

|

Links to this post:

Create a Link

 

Copyright © 2005 Yury D.   All Rights Reserved