This is my personal thoughts, opinions and musings place. I will also rant about things, especially politically-correct things that irritate me. And sci-fi. Did I mention sci-fi? There'll be lots of sci-fi stuff here. And movies, too. Mmmmm... Movies

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

When helping me hurts me

I understand that people want to be helpful. I understand that people to not appear rude. I appreciate all acts of kindness. If I'm right behind you, it's OK to hold the door open, and I will do the same for you. But please, for the love of God, resist the urge to hold the door open for me when I'm still a good ten seconds away. By trying to be helpful, you're actually not, because now I am forced to do something I hadn't planned on: running.

4 Comments:

At Tue Mar 15, 08:27:00 PM AST, Anonymous Realmspace said...

Running is not an option, waddling very slowly works much better!

 
At Tue Mar 15, 09:31:00 PM AST, Blogger Jennifer and Eric said...

Seriously, do not run, they do not expect that. You need to put these people in there place, the longer they hold the door for you, the better. I know, because I am one of those people.

-eric: Revolutionary

 
At Tue Mar 15, 10:27:00 PM AST, Blogger The Talking Mute said...

I second the motion. I don't run. I just say, really, thanks, but no thanks.

 
At Tue Mar 15, 10:55:00 PM AST, Blogger Miranda said...

I rarely hold the door open for people. I figure if they want me to hold open the door, then they would say, "Hey can you hold that door open for me?"

 

Post a Comment

|

Links to this post:

Create a Link

 

Copyright © 2005 Yury D.   All Rights Reserved