This is my personal thoughts, opinions and musings place. I will also rant about things, especially politically-correct things that irritate me. And sci-fi. Did I mention sci-fi? There'll be lots of sci-fi stuff here. And movies, too. Mmmmm... Movies

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

This morning my hate knew no bounds

Does this ever happen to you? You pull on a fresh pair of white socks that are, well, fresh. I know it's unusual, but there you go. So, this fresh pair of beautiful, glowing, white socks slides on your foot in an almost... orgasmic... manner. Every crook and cranny of the foot and toe of the sock filled perfectly in with my foot and toe, and a feeling of great ecstacy came over me. I have never, never, felt such pleasure before. It was sinful, decadent, and I loved every electrified moment of it.

Anyway, this perfect sock fit my foot perfectly. I pulled on my pants, then after much dressing, pulled on my boots(it was snowing, dontcha know) and went outside to clean the car. The moment I started brushing the snow off is the moment my perfect socks betrayed me. With every movement of my foot, the top part of the sock, the part holding on to my leg, started sliding down. And down. And even further down. And then, if that wasn't enough of a betrayal, the entire sock started sliding off my foot and bunching up at the toe of the boot. How is that even possible?

Why? Why have my socks done this to me? Do I not do laundry every month and a half? I don't overuse or overwash my clothes, especially not my socks? I treat them well, I make sure they're washed separately so they come out sparkling clean and white. Do I not use anti-static sheets when drying so they don't all stick to each other?

I am ashamed to admit that I did hate my socks this morning. A mortal hate, a hate impossible to escape unscathed, a hate that leaves no survivors to tell tales of its monumental power. Then the snow began to fall again, and the sheer beauty of a somewhat-snow covered frozen snow bank difused me.

4 Comments:

At Wed Mar 02, 03:06:00 PM AST, Blogger Quackin' Mad Duck said...

Hate leads us to the dark side. You must control your feelings. Hate leads to anger, anger leads to more anger, more anger leads to other bad stuff, and other bad stuff leads to. . . blogging. A blog without a little venom is little more than a pacifistic bore as exciting as a snell on valium. Damn those socks! Damn those socks to hell!!!!

 
At Wed Mar 02, 04:00:00 PM AST, Blogger The Mad Perseid said...

Wait, wait, I don't understand. If I must control my feelings, but hate leads to more blogging, then why must I control my feelings?

 
At Wed Mar 02, 06:00:00 PM AST, Blogger Quackin' Mad Duck said...

You must control your feelings because Yoda says so! And always correct Yoda is. C'mon!

 
At Wed Mar 02, 07:14:00 PM AST, Blogger The Mad Perseid said...

Didn't Yoda also fail miserably to detect the profoundest evil that within easy light-sabre reach?

 

Post a Comment

|

Links to this post:

Create a Link

 

Copyright © 2005 Yury D.   All Rights Reserved