This is my personal thoughts, opinions and musings place. I will also rant about things, especially politically-correct things that irritate me. And sci-fi. Did I mention sci-fi? There'll be lots of sci-fi stuff here. And movies, too. Mmmmm... Movies

Monday, March 14, 2005

Simple pleasures

Ah, the simple pleasures in life. They say it's good food and good friends with whom you get together to watch movies on stormy days. I say they're all wrong.

I think, therefore I am”. A great quote, a great quote. There is little doubt about that. Supposed to show that thought makes us real, or intelligent, or self-aware, or something. I think not, however.

No, to me, the quote should be “I killed a sponge, therefore I am”. Think about it: to kill a sponge means to have eaten and then to have washed dishes, and that takes care of two things. Eating keeps you alive(ie., real) and washing makes you intelligent and self-aware.

And this is where we get to the simple pleasures in life. When you see that sponge, torn and mutilated, it's ability to absorb water and dishwashing detergent devasted by weeks of use, and it's limp form unable to dislodge the really stuck bits of food, that is when you know you are alive. That is when you remember all that food that the now-dead sponge so lovingly cleaned off the plate just a week ago. Then, oh yes, then you know beyond a shadow of a doubt that you are alive!

4 Comments:

At Tue Mar 15, 10:25:00 AM AST, Anonymous Realmspace said...

You sure you were not on percacet when you wrote this?

 
At Tue Mar 15, 10:44:00 AM AST, Blogger The Mad Perseid said...

I'm not sure what I was on when I wrote that.

 
At Tue Mar 15, 11:02:00 AM AST, Blogger Quackin' Mad Duck said...

No, this looks more like a Nyquil-related posting.

 
At Tue Mar 15, 08:38:00 PM AST, Anonymous Realmspace said...

Good point Mr. Duck, with percacet he would have been blotto and drooling on the keys (knowing the mad one as I do). Nyquil, very probable.

 

Post a Comment

|

Links to this post:

Create a Link

 

Copyright © 2005 Yury D.   All Rights Reserved