This is my personal thoughts, opinions and musings place. I will also rant about things, especially politically-correct things that irritate me. And sci-fi. Did I mention sci-fi? There'll be lots of sci-fi stuff here. And movies, too. Mmmmm... Movies

Saturday, March 26, 2005

Of flashbacks, or why do I never get flashbacks like that?

Have you ever noticed that in movies, flashbacks are invariably in the third person? A character remembers something that happened to him, and we see it as if he is watching it on the screen with us, with himself as merely another actor. Why is that? The only exception I've seen to that is on Robocop, during Murphy's flashbacks of his wife, he was watching his memories through his own eyes, not the audience's.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

|

Links to this post:

Create a Link

 

Copyright © 2005 Yury D.   All Rights Reserved