This is my personal thoughts, opinions and musings place. I will also rant about things, especially politically-correct things that irritate me. And sci-fi. Did I mention sci-fi? There'll be lots of sci-fi stuff here. And movies, too. Mmmmm... Movies

Thursday, March 03, 2005

Can't wait!

I simply can't wait for the weather to break and snow and cold to go away. Not because I hate snow(I don't) or because I hate the cold(I don't), but because those two things make it difficult to go out in the field to do any kind of decent photography that isn't all about blue skies and white landscapes. I realize that it's possible to take perfectly good snow pictures, but I'm not really interested.

It's amazing, though, the kinds of pictures that can be taken when the snow begins to melt and run. Local waterfalls get engorged with water, and I hope to be there, assuming I can get to them. I'm not really equipped, unfortunately, for trekking across snow-covered terrain, which is why if I can't drive to it, I have a problem.

As for my equipment, if you're interested, I use a Nikon D70 digital SLR with a Nikon 28-200 AF-G f3.5-5.6 lens, as well as a Nikon AF 60mm Macro lens for closeup photography. The 28-200 isn't, perhaps, the greatest lens out there. It's a bit slow, but it's got a big enough zoom range, it's light, and it works well enough.

I can't wait to go out and use again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

|

Links to this post:

Create a Link

 

Copyright © 2005 Yury D.   All Rights Reserved