This is my personal thoughts, opinions and musings place. I will also rant about things, especially politically-correct things that irritate me. And sci-fi. Did I mention sci-fi? There'll be lots of sci-fi stuff here. And movies, too. Mmmmm... Movies

Friday, March 04, 2005

Ah, the pleasures of being popular

Why can't I ever eat my desserts in peace? Why do I always have to be the centre of attention when I order a dessert in a restaurant, even though it is such a beauteous mound of sugary goodness of an apple crumble variant? First, it was a couple of 50+ year old women that decided to find out what I was eating, even as they were dressing to leave. Sure, don't pay attention to me, but care ever so much for my dessert.

After that it was a couple of kids, a boy and girl, probably 10 and 8, or so. “Look, mom, what he is eating?” the boy said to his mother. So, of course, they all turn around and look, husband, wife, son and daughter. This is followed by much “Ooooo” and “Ahhhh”. Finally, they all go back to their own meals, all except the boy, of course. He keeps looking at my food and I can almost see him smacking his lips, thinking about my dessert. Finally, the little girl has had enough. She looks up from her own food, turns to her brother, and says, “Stop looking at that man's food.”.

If my dessert weren't the object of their contention, I would've actually found it quite cute.

Awww, who am I kidding here? It was cute, hilarious, in fact.

3 Comments:

At Sat Mar 05, 02:48:00 AM AST, Anonymous Promogal said...

If you attract this much attention in a humble restaurant, I'm glad you don't hang out in bars....

Next time you're down this way I'll take you to my fav eatery in Ptbo, there's an amazing chocolate-pecan thingy there with your name on it. It will have you doing the When-Harry-Met-Sally thing for sure, so I'm bringing the camera.

 
At Sat Mar 05, 08:40:00 AM AST, Blogger The Mad Perseid said...

Keep in mind that I remember promisses like that. It might even be sooner than you think.

 
At Sat Mar 05, 08:40:00 AM AST, Blogger The Mad Perseid said...

Of course, I forgot to add, that I don't attract this kind of attention in bars. Queue violins.

 

Post a Comment

|

Links to this post:

Create a Link

 

Copyright © 2005 Yury D.   All Rights Reserved