This is my personal thoughts, opinions and musings place. I will also rant about things, especially politically-correct things that irritate me. And sci-fi. Did I mention sci-fi? There'll be lots of sci-fi stuff here. And movies, too. Mmmmm... Movies

Monday, February 28, 2005

Great new commercial

Just saw a great new commercial on TV. Well, maybe it's not new, but I just saw it for the first time.

Anyway, it's about a guy who accidentally dislodges a hotdog stand and rolls down the street. He gives chase, in an apparent attempt at saving the poor guy's livelihood, but he catches it, all he does is fill his hotdog with ketchup, and the lets it roll on down into the water.

I'm not really sure what the commercial is all about; it might be shoes, but I don't know. What I do know, however, is that often at work during lunch, we discuss more commercials than the programs they fund, they often being better than those same programs.

Another great commercial I saw was a teenage girl standing in front of a glass sheet, talking to her mother, who is on the other side of the sheet. It looks as though the woman is in jail, and the daughter has come to visit. As it turned out, however, they were in their home, and the mother was standing in the bathtub, cleaning it. “When are you getting out?”, the girl asks. “Soon, honey. Soon.” “I love you, Momma,” the girl says as the woman bends down to clean the bathtub.

2 Comments:

At Mon Feb 28, 10:45:00 PM AST, Blogger The Talking Mute said...

Comment on the mom imprisoned for cleaning the bath tub: It appears funny but it's a harsh reality that some of us are enslaved with cleaning. There's a solution to that. Stop using soaps that produce a lot of scum like Ivory bar Soap. Replace it with creamy soaps, the best kinds are liquid body soaps. I use Oil of Olay. It not only makes my skin soft and smooth, but it also frees me up from cleaning my tub frequently.

 
At Mon Feb 28, 11:27:00 PM AST, Blogger The Mad Perseid said...

It's the sort of slavery that one consignes oneself to, nobody does it to us. Keeping it spotless all the time is what drives all of this, and people don't realize that it's simply not necessary. There is such a thing as clean enough, and if others want it cleaner, they can bloody well do it themselves.

 

Post a Comment

|

Links to this post:

Create a Link

 

Copyright © 2005 Yury D.   All Rights Reserved