This is my personal thoughts, opinions and musings place. I will also rant about things, especially politically-correct things that irritate me. And sci-fi. Did I mention sci-fi? There'll be lots of sci-fi stuff here. And movies, too. Mmmmm... Movies

Friday, February 25, 2005

Best interests

I went to do some shopping after work today, but I was hungry, so I had a bite to eat in the store's own little food court area, and something tickled the side of my brain and gave me a thought.

One of the things financial adviser on TV tell people is to never shop for food while hungry, because that just makes you buy a lot more food than you actually need. So, if that's true, in whose interests does a supermarket build a food court?

4 Comments:

At Fri Feb 25, 08:37:00 PM AST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Either way they're making money off you - either you're spending on groceries, or you're spending in the food court - it's all the same to them.

 
At Fri Feb 25, 09:12:00 PM AST, Blogger The Mad Perseid said...

But I'd spend a whole lot more if I shopped hungry.

 
At Fri Feb 25, 11:07:00 PM AST, Blogger Miranda said...

Where is the food court located - at the front of the store or at the back, which means they are hoping you have already placed many items in your shopping cart before reaching the food court? Product Placement is an important factor. Odds are, if you have filled your cart with food, then eat in the food court, you won't be willing to put all the food back on the shelves and you will go ahead and buy it anyway :)

 
At Sat Feb 26, 08:34:00 AM AST, Blogger The Mad Perseid said...

No, actually, it's at the very front. The deli counter is out front, it sells roasted chicken, potatoes, coleslaw, that sort of thing, in single portions. You get it, and simply walk up the stairs, and presto, eating and watching them sell fish. Literally. The food court's located right above the fish department.

 

Post a Comment

|

Links to this post:

Create a Link

 

Copyright © 2005 Yury D.   All Rights Reserved