This is my personal thoughts, opinions and musings place. I will also rant about things, especially politically-correct things that irritate me. And sci-fi. Did I mention sci-fi? There'll be lots of sci-fi stuff here. And movies, too. Mmmmm... Movies

Saturday, February 26, 2005

Anime, the bane of all existence

It is odd. I've found quite a few people surprised that I don't like anime. I don't like the art, I don't like the animation, I don't like the big, huge, round eyes, and the oddly Caucasion appearance of apparently Oriental, if not Japanese, characters. Just because I do my own type of artwork(of course, many people don't consider this art, but what do I know) doesn't mean I have to like every other type.



"We can't let them escape, all they have to do is eat three children, and there'd be the most appalling publicity."Posted by Hello



Donovan cringed as his wingman's battletank's fusion reactor governors let go and the entire machine, essentially a walking nuclear bomb, vanished in a fireball. Then he gritted his teeth and turned back towards the rain-splattered viewport. The enemy was closing, and this time the bastards were coming through, and nothing could stop them. Posted by Hello

4 Comments:

At Sun Feb 27, 03:25:00 AM AST, Blogger The Talking Mute said...

Animes are great! I grew up watching Animes. Earlier characters like Voltez 5, Mazinger Z served as soap operas for children back in the Philippines. I used to sing their theme songs too both in Japanese and English. It was an afterschool craving for a lot of school children back then. And I learned a lot of lessons from them too. My only brother was inspired with it's unique animation and drew several pictures of Animes. So, they are all not bad.

 
At Sun Feb 27, 09:11:00 AM AST, Blogger The Mad Perseid said...

My friend's teenage daughter is in love with anime, and spends(or used to spend) all the money she earns on anime, and that's fine. But I've never been able to even remotely like them.

 
At Mon Feb 28, 06:13:00 PM AST, Anonymous Realmspace said...

Well my friend you know my take on anime, I love the stuff, kinda grows on you over time. Princess Mononoke, a classic.

 
At Mon Feb 28, 07:14:00 PM AST, Blogger The Mad Perseid said...

LOL! I absolutely hated P/M, and for pretty much the same reason that I hated Ice Age. Nature good, Man bad. That's what the two of them boiled down two.

Now, I know it's a classic. P/M, that is, not I/A. And animation certainly was better than most animes out there, but I still didn't particularly enjoy it.

 

Post a Comment

|

Links to this post:

Create a Link

 

Copyright © 2005 Yury D.   All Rights Reserved